About Marc Childress, MD
Dr. Marc Childress is a primary care physician board certified in family medicine and sports medicine. He joined Inova Health System in 2020 and has been practicing since 2004.
- Fellow, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine
- Member, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Registered Musculoskeletal Ultrasonographer
- "The Practice of Prescribing: Discovering Differences in What We Tell Patients About Prescription Medications." Patient EducCouns. 2014.
- "Management of Chronic Tendon Injuries." American Family Physician. 2013.
- "Exertional Collapse in the Runner: Evaluation and Management in Fieldside and Office-Based Settings." Clinics in Sports Medicine. 2010.
- "Practical Management: A Systematic Approach to the Evaluation of Exercise-Related Syncope in Athletes." Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine. 2009.
- "Diagnosing and Managing Hip Pain in Athletes." The Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine. 2005.
Medical EducationUniformed Services University 2002
Training Specialty: Family Medicine
07/01/2002 - 06/30/2005
Training Specialty: Sports Medicine
08/01/2008 - 07/30/2009
About Patient Comments
The Patient Rating score is an average of all responses to physician related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. Comments are gathered from our Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.