About Michael Weyant, MD
Dr. Michael Weyant is a specialty care physician board certified in thoracic surgery and general surgery. He joined Inova Health System as the system-wide director of the thoracic surgery program in 2021. He has been practicing since 1996.
Prior to joining Inova, Dr. Weyant was a thoracic surgeon and professor of surgery at the University of Colorado where he practiced for more than 15 years. Dr. Weyant has a significant interest in robotic minimally invasive thoracic surgery.
Dr. Weyant’s areas of expertise include: robotic minimally invasive lung cancer and thoracic surgery, surgery for lung cancer and esophageal cancers, chest wall lesions, esophogeal motility disorders, surgical treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, surgical management of diaphragm paralysis, airway disorders including tracheobronchial malacia and tracheal stenosis, surgical treatment of myasthenia gravis, mediastinal tumor surgery, and minimally invasive thoracic surgery.
- Member, American Association for Thoracic Surgery
- Member, Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer
- Member, Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- Member, General Thoracic Surgical Club
- Member, Western Thoracic Surgical Association
- Member, American Association for Cancer Research
Medical EducationMount Sinai School of Medicine 1996
Training Specialty: General Surgery
07/01/1996 - 06/30/2003
Training Specialty: Thoracic Surgery
07/01/2003 - 06/30/2005