About Ramesh Singh, MD
Dr. Singh is a cardiac surgeon who performs the full spectrum of adult cardiac surgery with a special interest in minimally invasive and advanced heart failure. He is board certified in cardiac and thoracic surgery and the surgical director of Inova's Lung Transplant Program. He joined Inova Medical Group with more than 15 years of clinical experience.
A native of Malaysia, he spent a decade in Ireland after which he came to the United States to further his professional development.
Dr. Singh currently resides in Virginia with his family. In his spare time he likes to do home improvement projects and education.
- Society for Thoracic Surgeons (STS) - Adut Cardiac Surgery Workforce Committee
- American Association for Thoracic Surgeons (AATS) Leadership Academy 2012
- James Ernest Kindred Award 2009 & 2010, University of Virginia School of Medicine
(Resident who has most influenced the graduating Medical School class)
- American College of Surgeons National Resident 2008, Award for Exemplary Teaching
- All University Teach Award 2008, University of Virginia
- Top Docs, Washingtonian, 2020
Medical EducationRoyal College of Surgeons 2000
Training Specialty: Medicine
07/01/2000 - 06/30/2001
Training Specialty: Surgery
07/01/2001 - 06/30/2003
Training Specialty: General Surgery
07/01/2003 - 06/30/2008
Training Specialty: Cardiothoracic Surgery
07/01/2008 - 08/30/2011