About Ramsey Falconer, MD
Dr. Drew Falconer is board certified in neurology and is a fellowship-trained movement disorders specialist. He joined Inova Neurology in 2015 with the launch of the Inova Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders Center where he serves as Co-Medical Director. He specializes in advanced care of patients with Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dystonia, Huntington’s disease, tic disorders and other movement disorders.
Dr. Falconer serves as assistant professor at the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Inova Campus.
He became interested in neurology and movement disorders after seeing the impact that quality, compassionate care combined with cutting-edge pharmacology and technology could have on a patient’s condition. His goal is to work with his patients to restore the quality of life they deserve. He is additionally qualified in deep brain stimulation and botulinum toxin injections.
A native of New Orleans, Dr. Falconer currently resides in McLean, VA, with his wife and two children. In his spare time, he enjoys cooking, spending time outdoors and LSU football.
- Three-time winner of Top Clinical Educator in Neurology, Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Medicine
- Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence, Top Faculty Educator, Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Medicine
- Mother of Pearls, Top Resident Teacher Award recipient, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- Hugh H. Hussey Excellence in Education Award recipient, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- Member, American Academy of Neurology
- Member, International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society
- Medical Advisory Board Member, Parkinson Foundation of the National Capita Area (PFNCA)
Medical EducationTulane University School of Medicine 2010
Training Specialty: Internal Medicine
7/1/2010 - 6/30/2011
Training Specialty: Neurology
7/1/2011 - 6/30/2014
Training Specialty: Exp Ther Movement Disorders
7/1/2014 - 6/30/2015