About Sekwon Jang, MD
Dr. Sekwon Jang is a specialty care physician board certified in internal medicine, hematology, and medical oncology. He has a special interest in management of melanoma and other skin cancers including cutaneous lymphoma.
Dr. Jang serves as Director of Melanoma and Cutaneous Oncology Therapeutics and Research and Director of Quality at the Inova Schar Cancer Institute. Before joining Inova, Dr. Jang served as Assistant Professor of Medicine at Georgetown University School of Medicine and Co-Chair of melanoma research group at MedStar Georgetown Cancer Network.
Dr. Jang believes in a covenant relationship with his patients, and his goal is to provide the best quality patient-centered care in the setting of multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member, Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer
- Member, The Society for Melanoma Research
- Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Honor Award, Korean Academy of Medical Science
- Merit Award, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Travel Award, American Society of Hematology
- Member, Quality of Care Committee, American Society of Clinical Oncology
Research and Publications
Medical EducationSeoul National University College of Medicine 2001
Training Specialty: Internal Medicine
6/28/2004 - 06/27/2007
Training Specialty: Hematology/Oncology
7/1/2007 - 06/30/2010