About Sima Bina, MD
Dr. Sima Bina is a board-certified physician in obstetrics and gynecology (OB-GYN). She joined Inova Medical Group with more than eight years of clinical experience. She has a special interest in the management of high-risk pregnancies, complex gynecological procedures and gynecological surgeries, including minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries.
Dr. Bina’s interest in obstetrics and gynecology is inspired by her profound interest in women’s care and passion for minimally invasive gynecological procedures. Dr Bina’s approach to patient care is centered on personalized and preventive care. She believes that providing a high quality of care is only possible through compassionate and continuing care.
A native of Shiraz, Iran, Dr. Bina currently resides in Oakton, Virginia, with her husband and two children. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, the outdoors and traveling.
- Resident of the Year Award in minimally-invasive gynecological surgery awarded by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL)
- Camden’s Scholar Award in residency for research on The Applications of Robotics in Gynecologic Surgery
- Completed Felix Rutledge Fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center during residency
- Chief Resident in last year of residency
- Fellow of American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Medical EducationDrexel University College of Medicine 2011
Training Specialty: Ob/Gyn
06/01/2011 - 7/31/2015