Inova is implementing a text notification system that will send text messages directly to participants' mobile devices in the event of an emergency.
These incidents include:
- Code Silver (hostile person with a weapon)
- Code Black (bomb threat)
- Code Purple (temporary restricted access)
- Code Pink (infant or child abduction)
Please click on the appropriate red button below to register. One is for Inova employees, physicians and medical students. The other button is for contractors who are employed by Inova, volunteers, and nursing and Allied Health students. Participation in this system is completely voluntary.
Text Alert Fast Facts
- This information will be used solely for emergency notifications.
- These text alerts cannot be segmented by operating unit, and all alerts will be sent to everyone who has registered.
- As this is strictly a voluntary program, Inova will not reimburse for any data charges incurred as a result of participation in this alert system.
How To Participate
If you would like to participate in this system, all you need to do is access the online registration website and submit your mobile device phone number and carrier’s text ID address.
If you are an Inova employee, employed or community physician, or medical student, click here to register.
If you are contractor employed by Inova, click here to register.