The Radiation Oncology Department at Inova Joseph Viar Jr. and Bonnie Christ Cancer Center – Alexandria offers a comprehensive cancer treatment program that is fully accredited. Accrediting agencies include the National Accreditation Program for Breast Cancer, the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, with commendation, and by ASTRO's Accreditation Program for Excellence (APEx). Our goal is to provide patients with highest quality, patient-centered care throughout the treatment journey.
Inova Joseph Viar and Bonnie Christ Cancer Center is part of Inova Schar Cancer Institute. The center is equipped with some of the most state-of-the-art, technologically advanced radiation therapy equipment available today.
Our Equipment Includes:
- Two Varian linear accelerators – TrueBeam and Trilogy
- GE LightSpeed CT/simulator
- VariSource iX
- Zeiss Intrabeam System
Our Technology Includes:
- External beam radiotherapy
- 3-D conformal radiation therapy (3D-CRT)
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy
- Image-guided radiation therapy with cone beam CT
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy
- Stereotactic radiotherapy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Partial breast irradiation
- Intra-operative radiation therapy (IORT)
- High-dose rate brachytherapy
- Low-dose rate brachytherapy
- Prostate radioactive seed implant
Meet Our Team
Our expert physicians are joined by a full staff of dedicated medical physicists, a certified medical dosimetrist and oncology certified registered nurses. Our certified radiation therapists perform the daily radiation treatments and simulations. A nurse navigator, master's trained social worker and registered dietitian are all onsite to provide support and any needed assistance for you and your family.
As directed by our office staff, please download and complete the appropriate patient forms and bring them with you to your appointment.