Insurance coverage varies. Your policy may require a copayment or preauthorization. Additionally, tests or imaging studies may need insurance approval. We recommend you contact your insurer’s customer service department for details. NOTE: We no longer accept Kaiser Permanente.
The Affordable Care Act requires all persons to carry health insurance. Learn more at www.hhs.gov.
Download and complete your registration forms in advance. If you are unable to do so, be sure to arrive early to complete the forms at check-in.
- New Patient Registration Form Brain
- New Patient Registration Form Spine
- Important patient information
- Notice of privacy practices
- Acknowledge of receipt of Notice of Privacy Practices
- ADA special needs assessment
- Patient record of disclosure: preferred contacts
- Release medical form (English)
- DASH - Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder and Hand
- Oswestry Neck
- Oswestry Low Back
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Your ID (e.g., driver’s license)
- Your insurance card
- Your copayment, if applicable
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- All medical information regarding your current diagnosis, such as MRI/CT scans, doctors' notes and pathology reports
- If you have a heart condition, please bring any pertinent documentation from your cardiologist, including history of surgery, stents, ECG or echocardiograms. This is necessary to evaluate your fitness for surgery.
What to Expect
After a detailed history, physical exam and review of your imaging studies, your neurosurgeon will discuss your condition with you and make specific treatment recommendations.
If surgery is recommended, the procedure will be clearly explained, including the risks, benefits and alternatives. Our scheduling team will work with you on a surgery date. You may be asked to complete lab work prior to surgery.
Not all conditions require surgery. Your neurosurgeon explain your options, which may include observation, medications and/or referrals to another specialist. If follow-up appointments are needed, our staff will help you schedule them.