Interview: Before your surgery, one of our nurses will call you to conduct a telephone interview. During your interview a registered nurse will verbally inform you of your Patient Rights and Responsibilities. If this interview does not occur before your scheduled day of surgery your procedure may need to be rescheduled.
For your convenience, feel free to call us at 703-766-6941 between the hours of 7:30am – 4:00pm. (M-F) to complete your interview.
Patient Information: Visit our Patient Information section for important details about patient rights & responsibilities, advance directives and more.
Labs/EKG: You may need lab work or an EKG before your surgery (check with your surgeon to see if this is required). Your surgeon may do this or you may be sent to your primary care physician to have this completed. It is important that you fax any test results or other test information to us at 703-766-6982 before the day of surgery.
History and Physicals: All patients are required to have a history and physical exam before surgery. Your surgeon may do this or you may be sent to your primary physician to have this completed. Again, it is important that you fax this to us at 703 766-6982 before your surgery.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery. You may take your prescription medication as directed by the interview nurse. You may brush your teeth. To reduce bacteria on your skin, bath or shower before arriving, but do not apply lotion to your skin after bathing.
- Do not wear makeup or jewelry. If you wear contact lenses, we recommend that you remove them and wear your glasses. If you wear contact lenses to the Center they may have to be removed, so bring a contact lens container with you. We do not take responsibility for any jewelry, money or valuables, so leave them at home. Bring only your picture ID, insurance card and any co-pays and/or deductibles that are applicable.
- Because you will not be able to drive for 24 hours, an adult 18 years or older must accompany you and drive you home to ensure your safety. Transportation by taxi is acceptable as long as another responsible adult accompanies you. Please plan on having your driver remain with you for the entire procedure if at all possible. A parent or legal guardian must remain in the facility at all times when children under the age of 18 are undergoing procedures at the facility.
- We will need a list of current medication, as well as the dosage, along with other medical history to complete the interview. This takes 15-30 minutes, depending upon your current or past state of health.
What To Bring
- Photo ID
- Insurance card
- A list of medications with dosages and how often you take the medication
- Amount quoted to meet your deductible, co-pays, and/or co-insurance
- Telephone number of adult driver or escort taking you home
You will need to arrive at the Surgery Center at least one hour before your scheduled surgery. Free parking is available in front of the building and in the parking garage next door. Upon entering the building, proceed by elevator to the second floor, Suite 202. Proceed to the registration desk to check in. Please bring your photo ID and your insurance card with your co-payment if applicable. If you have insurance questions, call 703-766-6954.