Dr. Behzad Kalaghchi is medical director of the Inova Fairfax Hospital Advanced Endoscopy Center. Dr. Kalaghchi is a board-certified gastroenterologist specializing in advanced endoscopic procedures. His areas of expertise include diagnostic and interventional applications of endosonography, endoscopic therapy of Barrett's esophagus, and therapy of pancreatic-biliary conditions.
During his advanced endoscopy fellowship at University of Florida-Shands, Dr. Kalaghchi trained in the latest, state-of-the-art techniques in diagnosing, staging and treating diseases of the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, pancreas, liver and colon. He completed his gastroenterology fellowship training at Howard University, and his residency in internal medicine at the DC General Hospital-Georgetown service, serving as chief resident.
Dr. Kalaghchi has practiced in Northern Virginia since 2005 and joined Gastroenterology Associates of Northern Virginia in 2007. He is an assistant clinical professor for The George Washington University Hospital, a fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and a member of American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. He is affiliated with Inova Fairfax and Inova Fair Oaks hospitals.
- EGD, diagnostic and therapeutic
- Colonoscopy with polypectomy
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Endoscopic therapy of Barrett’s esophagus (radiofrequency ablation and EMR)
- Endoluminal stenting
- EUS guided pancreatic pseudocyst drainage
- ERCP, diagnostic and therapeutic pancreatic endotherapy and sphincter of oddi manometry
- Esophageal pH monitoring
- Endoscopic therapy of hemorrhoids
- Percutaneous enteral gastrostomy (PEG)