Welcome to Inova Pharmacy Services
The Inova Department of Pharmacy is a robust group of pharmacy professionals spanning expertise across five hospitals, ambulatory practice sites, retail and specialty pharmacy, and administration.
Our department includes pharmacy technicians, pharmacists, clinical pharmacists and support staff as well as several education and research programs.
A message from Melanie Massiah-White, BS Pharm, MHA
Vice President and Chief Pharmacy Officer, Inova
Welcome! The Inova Department of Pharmacy provides a broad range of pharmacy services across the Inova system of care sites. We have a dedicated group of pharmacy technicians, pharmacists, clinical pharmacists and support staff across our region. Our department has a strong focus on education and research through our seven residency programs (PGY1 and PGY2), and our partnerships with schools of pharmacy. Satellite campuses for Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) and Shenandoah University (SU) reside on our Inova Fairfax Medical Campus and Inova Center for Personalized Health campus, respectively.
Our dedication to our patients, providers, nurses, and all our Inova team members is at the forefront of our work.
Inova Pharmacy Services By the Numbers
- More than 450 team members
- Seven Pharmacy Residency Programs (3 PGY1, 1 PGY1 Community, 3 PGY2)
- 3 Retail Pharmacy Locations
- 1 Specialty Pharmacy
Pharmacy Services Core Functions
- Verify and check orders for medications in Inova hospitals
- Round with the teams; provide clinical support and consultations when treating patients
- Work with ambulatory clinic patients to help adjust medications, educate and assist in many aspects of their care
- Perform detailed medication histories to support patients and their families