The Inova Telestroke team includes physicians and nurses focused on the specialized needs of the stroke patient. These professionals may include:
- Neurologist – a physician specializing in the care of patients with neurological diseases may be present at the bedside or via telemedicine
- Emergency Department physician – a physician who is trained in providing emergency medical care
- Interventional neuroradiolgist – a physician specially trained to use images or X-rays to diagnose and perform treatment on abnormal blood vessels in the head, neck and spine
- Neurosurgeon – a physician who specializes in performing surgery to treat neurological disorders
- Neuroradiologist – a physician with special training in the use of imaging technology to diagnose neurological diseases
- Stroke response nurse – the stroke response nurse evaluates all patients in the hospital with stroke-like symptoms. This nurse streamlines the patient's care from point of entry to treatment.