Upcoming Application Windows
Before applying, please be sure you’ll be available to attend the corresponding mandatory orientation session and meet the attendance requirement of serving one, 3-4 hour shift per week for a minimum of six months.
Spring 2023, Adults Only
- We are onboarding adults only during this period
- The application period has closed
- Zoom meet and greet for accepted applicants: March 6 at 1 p.m. OR March 7 at 1 p.m. (choose one)
- Spring Orientation: April 12 at 2 p.m.
High School & College Student Summer Program
- Community Information Session for College and High School Summer Student Program: Thursday, March 2, 6 p.m.
zoom link: https://inova.zoom.us/j/98765058387?pwd=d1FJK1A1RDdPU21DTXhHUnprWmNTUT09
- Runs from: June 20 – August 20, 2023
- Registration opens for New Volunteer Interest : April 4-12
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance and sent next steps : April 14, 2023
- Mandatory in Person Parent/High School Information Session: May 3 at 6 p.m.
- Mandatory Zoom Meet and Greet for College Students: May 4 at 2:30 p.m. OR May 5 at 10 a.m. (choose one)
- In Person Orientation: June 20 at 10 a.m.
Requirements to Become a Volunteer
- Commit to one, 3-4 hour shift per week for a minimum of 6 months (unless participating in our High School/College summer-only program, during which each student is permitted 2 absences as needed).
- Be at least 16 years of age on or before the start date of the session for which you’re registering (for involvement in the High School programs); OR be at least 18 years of age (for involvement in the College and Adult programs).
- We ask that all communication come directly from the student.
- Complete and pass a background check through Certiphi following application submission.
- Complete two rounds of tuberculosis screening OR one tuberculosis blood test.
- Provide confirmation of receiving the COVID-19 vaccination initial series and a minimum of one COVID-19 booster.
- Submit signed copy of Immunity Verification form to confirm receipt of the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), Varicella (Chickenpox), Tdap for Pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccines OR proof of immunity via titer.
- Receive a flu vaccine (if onboarding during flu season).
- Take online training and pass quiz with 80% or better.
- Attend new volunteer orientation (dates scheduled quarterly).
Annual Volunteer Requirements
- Receive a flu vaccine during flu season (provided free of charge to all active volunteers through our Team Member Health Office).
- Complete annual online volunteer safety training.
Applications are reviewed during designated registration periods throughout the calendar year.