Inova Fairfax Medical Campus offers many opportunities for volunteer service in 45 service areas, including patient interaction, staff support and retail assignments.
Service Area Options and Availability
Greatest need areas include Gift Shops, Treasure Trove shops, patient support services and clerical assignments.
Requirements to Become a Volunteer
- Commit to one, 3-4 hour shift per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Complete and pass a background check (valid social security number required)
- Complete two rounds of tuberculosis screening OR one tuberculosis blood test
- Provide confirmation of receiving the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), Varicella (Chickenpox), Tdap for Pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccines OR proof of immunity via titer
- Receive a flu vaccine (if onboarding during flu season)
- Attend a new volunteer training class
- Become a member of the Auxiliary of Inova Fairfax Medical Campus ($10 for age 18-59; $5 for age 60+)
Current service needs and availability are updated monthly and may be viewed below. You’ll have the opportunity to indicate your availability and service area preference on your application.
Applications are reviewed during designated registration periods throughout the calendar year.
Registration Periods: Temporarily Suspended
All volunteer activity is suspended due to COVID-19.
Applications are reviewed during designated registration periods throughout the calendar year. Before applying, please be sure you’ll be available to attend the corresponding mandatory training class and meet the attendance requirement of serving one, 3-4 hour shift per week for a minimum of six months. You’ll begin volunteering within one week of the training class.
Registration will open at 10 a.m. on the first day and close at 12 p.m. (noon) on the last day.
We’ll respond to all applications within 10 days of the close of registration.
Optional Information Meetings
See dates and times
All volunteer activity and information meetings are suspended due to COVID-19.
To learn more about our program requirements and service area opportunities before applying, we welcome you to attend an information meeting. While not mandatory in order to participate as a volunteer, we highly recommend attending to make sure our program is a good fit for you.
All information meetings will be held from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Physicians Conference Center on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus. Look for the Meeting Room on the street level of the center. Get directions & parking info.