Welcome From Our Director of Education
Oksana Shlobin, MD
Director, Pulmonary Hypertension Program
I am pleased to introduce you to our Inova Advanced Lung Disease and Transplant Fellowship. Feel free to review details about the program here on our website.
Inova Lung offers a well established, internationally recognized academic program. Based on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus in the Washington, DC, area, it encompasses a highly-respected lung transplant program, PHA-accredited Comprehensive Care Pulmonary Hypertension Center, a PFF-accredited Interstitial Lung Disease Referral Center, CFF-accredited CF program and a growing ECMO program. We provide care to the patients with a range of advanced pulmonary disorders including ILD/IPF, PH, CF, sarcoidosis and COPD.
Our fellowship is a one-year, PGY-7 program that offers an opportunity for additional training in the care of patients with the full spectrum of rare and progressive lung diseases. Fellow experience encompasses training in the evaluation and management of advanced lung diseases, lung donors, transplant candidates and lung transplant recipients, including immediate post-operative and longitudinal care. Evaluation and management of complex airway issues post transplantation is also offered.
In addition to clinical responsibilities, there are multiple opportunities for clinical research, as well as teaching residents and pulmonary/critical care fellows. Development and successful completion of a long term translational and/or clinical project with appropriate mentorship is expected.
Meet Our Fellows
- 2019-2020: Dr. Vikramjit Khangoora
- 2018-2019: Dr. Matthew Koslow
- 2017-2018: Dr. Kareem I. Ahmad
- 2016-2017: Dr. Domingo Franco Palacios
- Inpatient service including bronchoscopy
- Outpatient service including bronchoscopy
- Interventional bronchoscopy with Dr. Bobby Mahajan
- Chest radiology with Dr. Candy Albano
- Pathology with Dr. Haresh Mani
- Pulmonary Hypertension ECHO reading with Dr. Pamela Sears-Rogan and Dr. Joan Zhao
- RHC with VA Heart MD and IMG cardiology (elective)
- ECMO rotation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation rotation