The Altieri PEM Fellowship will be participating in the NRMP Match 2019-2020 for the academic year 2020-2021.
Maybelle Kou, MD
Both applicants from Emergency Medicine and Pediatric Residency may apply.
Applications may be found through the ERAS website under “Pediatric fellowships.”
Candidates must be trainees or graduates of an ACGME accredited residency program in the United States or Canada. Exceptional qualifications from international residency trained applicants may be reviewed on a case by case basis, however, these do not guarantee an invitation.
Invitations will be extended only to candidates whose ERAS applications are complete, including the letters of recommendation.
We strongly recommend that at least one letter should be from emergency medicine or critical care faculty. We do not interview candidates outside the match.
Note Dates on ERAS:
July of the interview year–applicants may begin applying to program.
Please note: slots fill quickly. The candidate must submit a complete application by 11:59 pm on August 31 of the interview cycle to be considered for an interview.
Late applications may be reviewed but an interview for an application submitted after the deadline will not be guaranteed.
Interview season–Select Thursdays (0800-1500) from September through October
November–match lists due
December–match results available
- A letter of recommendation from your residency program director that verifies good standing
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (preferably from U.S. or Canadian physician faculty)
- Medical School Dean's letter (or equivalent)
- Official Medical School Transcript
- One-page personal statement of purpose
- Results of standardized tests, e.g., USMLE, NBME, FLEX, FMGEMS or equivalent; all in-service exams are optional
International Graduates Must Show:
- Proof of completion of an ACGME accredited residency in either Pediatrics or Emergency Medicine
- Valid ECFMG certificate
- Letters of recommendation that clearly document U.S. or Canadian clinical experiences
We are willing to sponsor candidates in good standing on certain visas as per our institutional GME policy.