Applications to the Inova Fairfax Hospital Surgical Critical Care Fellowship are accepted exclusively through the SAFAS Application Service of the Surgical Critical Care Program Directors Society, available at www.sccpds.org/future-scc-fellows.
The deadline for applications is the third Monday in August.
The following materials are requested. After all materials have been uploaded to the website and received, the application can then be considered complete and eligible for consideration.
- Preferred candidates should have graduated within the last 5 years
- 3 letters of recommendation written by supervising physicians with whom the applicant has worked. Note that the standardized form letters included in the SAFAS website are accepted, but are not sufficient and do not count toward this requirement.
- Personal statement of approximately 1 page, detailing your reasons for pursuing a Surgical Critical Care fellowship
- Written verification by your residency program director that you have graduated from a general surgery residency that is accredited by the ACGME, or will graduate from such a program by June 30 of the year in which fellowship begins. This statement may be included within a letter of recommendation by the program director. The fellowship begins on August 1.
- Results of standardized tests:
- All in-service examinations
- USMLE, NBME, Flex, FMGEMS or equivalent
- ECFMG certificate (for international graduates)
The fellowship program director will review applications as they are received. Invitations to interview will be sent by email to selected applicants.
The Inova Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for applicant ranking and selection.
For More Information, Contact:
Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Department of Surgery
3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042