Medical students enrolled in LCME-accredited programs may participate in rotations at Inova facilities. Interested students who would like to apply for rotations should contact their Dean's Office for placement. All medical student rotations are authorized by the Director of Undergraduate Medical Education.
Eligible Students Must Provide:
- A completed application (we are listed on VSAS under the VCU SOM/Inova Campus). Please apply directly at VSAS
- Proof of good standing from your Dean's Office
- Official Transcript
- (CV) curriculum vitae
- A statement of compliance with immunization requirements
- Proof of personal health insurance coverage
- A statement of institutional malpractice coverage (subject to Virginia minimum requirements)
- A statement of HIPAA and OSHA training
- Proof of Passing USMLE step 1 (or COMLEX-USA)
- Personal statement(s)* explaining why you wish to come to Inova for the specific rotation
- Letter(s) of recommendation* from a previous instructor or preceptor specifically recommending you for the rotation for which you are applying
* Personal Statement and Letter of Recommendation Requirements
Rotation(s) Within One Specialty
If you are applying for one or more rotations in the same specialty, for example AI and PICU within Pediatrics, or both General and Trauma within Surgery, then only one personal statement and one letter of recommendation are required.
Rotations Within Two Specialties
If you are applying for rotations in different specialties (for example, you both Pediatrics and Surgery), then two statements and two letters of recommendation are required.
Current Elective Catalogue
Click to see our full Senior Elective Catalogue 2018-2019, including links to full descriptions of each elective.