EpicCare’s Mobile Apps Keep You Connected with Your Patients, Your Practice and Your Fellow Physicians – Wherever You Are – 24/7
Haiku is EpicCare’s mobile app for the iPhone® and Droid®. Canto is the mobile app for the iPad®. These two apps give Inova’s practitioners secure and portable access to patient charts. Whether you are in the hallways of your practice, rounding at the hospital or relaxing at home, accessing your patients’ information is easy and convenient.
Details and Functionality
Both Haiku and Canto provide easy access to chart review, patient lists, schedules, and messaging. Specific functions of both applications include:
- Find patients in the system
- Access patient lists
- Access your outpatient schedule
- Search the database for patients not on your list or schedule
- Review and update patient information
- Keep up to date on medications, allergies, immunizations, medical history or the problem list
- View reports about outpatient encounters including diagnosis and orders
- View reports on inpatient encounters including admission notes, vitals, active orders and discharge.
- Review previous encounters
- Review patient results including labs and imaging; and see new or abnormal results immediately
- Read and reply to Staff and Results messages from InBasket
- Mobile Ordering
- For licensed clinicians, Haiku and Canto offers integrated Speech-to-Text with Dragon
For Canto users, you'll have more tools to complete workflows you could previously only complete in Hyperspace:
- Use system or personal SmartTools such as SmartPhrases and SmartLists to complete notes
- Epic Monitor: a flexible, inpatient review tool that condenses critical parts of a patient's chart for a quick and intuitive review workflow.
Safe and Secure
Haiku and Canto are completely secure and confidential. All data transmitted to and from the server are encrypted using SSL.
Because 2-factor authentication is embedded in the app, you will not need to use a fob to access Haiku or Canto. Additionally, Haiku and Canto are assigned to specific devices; therefore you cannot access the apps from someone else’s device.
Who We Provision For
We provision for Inova Health System. If you are not affiliated with Inova, please contact the IT department of the facility you are affiliated with for more information.
Easy to Learn, Easy to Use
Just like other applications already on your mobile devices, Haiku and Canto are designed to be intuitive. With the Physician Quick Start Guide, you can learn to use them quickly and easily. Many physicians report the Guide is all they need to get up to speed immediately.