Since March 2020, the federal Public Health Emergency has helped maintain coverage for members and support health care providers as they delivered care during the historic pandemic. Starting in March 2023, Virginia will begin reviewing members' health coverage to make sure they still qualify; however, closures will not occur prior to April 30, 2023. Members who do not complete the renewal form will not be eligible to keep their Medicaid/FAMIS health coverage.
Here are actions you can take to continue your Medicaid coverage:
1. Update your contact information. Update your contact information such as mailing address, email address, and phone numbers, by:
- calling your local Department of Social Services
- calling Cover Virginia at 1-855-242-8282
- visiting commonhelp.virginia.gov
2. Pay close attention to your mail. Keep your eye out for any mail regarding your healthcare coverage so that you can return your information by the due date.
3. Renew! Renew your coverage by submitting the information requested by the due date. Answer all questions and make any changes if necessary.
We have dedicated local bilingual outreach workers who provide free one-on-one application assistance to anyone who wants to learn about, apply for, and/or renew their Medicaid/FAMIS coverage. Our flexible program allows our team to be reached: