Serving the Northern Virginia Community Since 1983 Welcome to Inova General Internal Medicine Group
Inova General Internal Medicine Group (IGIMG) is committed to providing our patients with high quality, comprehensive, patient-centered medical care with the goal of optimizing health and well-being. Our team of providers and support staff cares about our patients and strives to offer every one the access and control they need over their healthcare experience, in a warm and friendly environment.
COVID-19 Virtual Evaluations and Vehicle-Side Testing
Inova General Internal Medicine Group is now offering virtual evaluations and vehicle–side testing for individuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
HOW IT WORKS
- Schedule a Virtual Evaluation with a GIMG physician to be evaluated prior to testing
- Vehicle-side Testing. After the virtual evaluation is completed and you have received a provider’s order, a GIMG team member will schedule a COVID-19 vehicle-side testing appointment at the Ballston office. Vehicle-side testing is available at the Ballston office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 1 – 5 p.m.
We offer our patients:
- Access to a network of high-quality, compassionate physicians, specialists and certified physician assistants
- A suite of specialty medical services, unique to our practice
- Same-day appointments for urgent needs
- Saturday appointments, and walk-in option (Ballston only)
- 24/7 availability of an on-call physician for after-hour emergencies
- In-house lab services by appointment only: blood draws for routine tests and disease screening
Inova General Medicine Group Locations
Personal and Secure Health Record MyChart
MyChart is a free service offered by participating Inova medical facilities and doctors' offices that offers patients personalized and secure on-line access to portions of their medical records. It enables you to securely use the Internet to help manage and receive information about your health.
Get the MyChart mobile app for Android or iPhone:
With MyChart, you can use the Internet to:
- Schedule appointments with your primary care provider
- Use eCheck-in to complete paperwork online prior to your visit
- Launch your video visits
- View your health summary/record
- View test results
- Request prescription renewals
- Communicate electronically and securely with your provider
"It feels good to be able to address so many of my patients’ medical needs in our own office. I don’t know of another primary care practice that offers this kind of comprehensive medical care."
Dr. Gary Fender
"We started small, in 1983, just a core team of us committed to providing the Northern Virginia community with a fresh new option for exceptional, personalized medical care. We’ve grown a lot since then, but remain firmly committed to our mission."
Dr. Art Rubin, Co-Founder of GIMG
"We want our patients to feel well-cared for, from the moment they enter our door to the time they leave… and to leave satisfied that they received exemplary care."
Dr. Mary Major, Co-Founder of GIMG
"As a long-time patient, I am accustomed to and grateful for years of excellent clinical care plus appropriate and respectful treatment by staff at General Internal Medicine…. in at least 22 years, I have never had a bad experience. Other medical practices can learn much from GIMG."
"Came here for checkup / blood tests and had a great experience. Rachel Spiotto (PA-C) and Lisa (nurse) were very competent, helpful and friendly. Appointment was right on time with no waiting. Online portal to view test results works great. Thank you!"
"Support staff at front desk is absolutely the best I have seen in 20 years of doctor visits. The sight alone of an Olga or a Juliet is enough to make me feel better, regardless of the complaint du jour. There is something healing about just seeing their smiling faces. I hope they are given the proper credit for making a difference in the quality of a doctor visit. This heartening experience is followed through with an invariably enlightening and encouraging experience with Dr Jenkins and Francine. I am fortunate to have found this practice 15 years ago."