Serving the Northern Virginia Community Since 1983 Welcome to Inova General Internal Medicine Group
Inova General Internal Medicine Group (IGIMG) is committed to providing our patients with high quality, comprehensive, patient-centered medical care with the goal of optimizing health and well-being. Our team of providers and support staff cares about our patients and strives to offer every one the access and control they need over their healthcare experience, in a warm and friendly environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine & Booster Available
- Our Inova Primary Care office offers established patients the Pfizer-BioNTech booster for ages 18 + during any scheduled visit.
- Please notify a team member that you are interested in receiving your booster when you arrive for your appointment.
- You may also call our office to schedule your COVID-19 vaccine or booster appointment.
Our Primary Care office offers COVID-19 testing for established patients who are experiencing moderate COVID-19 symptoms. Asymptomatic patients or individuals without symptoms who have been exposed to COVID-19 WILL NOT be tested.
A virtual visit is required to determine if COVID-19 testing is needed.
We offer our patients:
- Access to a network of high-quality, compassionate physicians, specialists and certified physician assistants
- A suite of specialty medical services, unique to our practice
- Same-day appointments for urgent needs
- Saturday appointments, and walk-in option (Ballston only)
- 24/7 availability of an on-call physician for after-hour emergencies
- In-house lab services by appointment only: blood draws for routine tests and disease screening
- In-person and video visits for appropriate acute or chronic problems. We encourage video visits for any respiratory/potentially COVID-19 related symptoms. Telemedicine services are offered to patients (new or established) who are physically located at the time of the virtual visit in Virginia. Call to schedule.
Inova General Medicine Group Locations
Personal and Secure Health Record MyChart
MyChart is a free service offered by participating Inova medical facilities and doctors' offices that offers patients personalized and secure on-line access to portions of their medical records. It enables you to securely use the Internet to help manage and receive information about your health.
Get the MyChart mobile app for Android or iPhone:
With MyChart, you can use the Internet to:
- Schedule appointments with your primary care provider
- Use eCheck-in to complete paperwork online prior to your visit
- Launch your video visits
- View your health summary/record
- View test results
- Request prescription renewals
- Communicate electronically and securely with your provider
"It feels good to be able to address so many of my patients’ medical needs in our own office. I don’t know of another primary care practice that offers this kind of comprehensive medical care."
Dr. Gary Fender
"We started small, in 1983, just a core team of us committed to providing the Northern Virginia community with a fresh new option for exceptional, personalized medical care. We’ve grown a lot since then, but remain firmly committed to our mission."
Dr. Art Rubin, Co-Founder of GIMG
"We want our patients to feel well-cared for, from the moment they enter our door to the time they leave… and to leave satisfied that they received exemplary care."
Dr. Mary Major, Co-Founder of GIMG
"As a long-time patient, I am accustomed to and grateful for years of excellent clinical care plus appropriate and respectful treatment by staff at General Internal Medicine…. in at least 22 years, I have never had a bad experience. Other medical practices can learn much from GIMG."
"Came here for checkup / blood tests and had a great experience. Rachel Spiotto (PA-C) and Lisa (nurse) were very competent, helpful and friendly. Appointment was right on time with no waiting. Online portal to view test results works great. Thank you!"
"Support staff at front desk is absolutely the best I have seen in 20 years of doctor visits. The sight alone of an Olga or a Juliet is enough to make me feel better, regardless of the complaint du jour. There is something healing about just seeing their smiling faces. I hope they are given the proper credit for making a difference in the quality of a doctor visit. This heartening experience is followed through with an invariably enlightening and encouraging experience with Dr Jenkins and Francine. I am fortunate to have found this practice 15 years ago."