What to Expect
Breast cancer treatment varies depending on the stage and location of the cancer. Surgery is the primary treatment for localized breast cancer. This is often followed by radiation therapy to decrease the risk of cancer returning in the breast, chest wall and/or lymph nodes. Medical therapies, including chemotherapy, hormonal therapy and immunotherapy, are often recommended to improve the chance of cure or prevent a new breast cancer from developing.
Inova's Life with Cancer® program helps you meet the challenges of living with cancer by providing you and your loved ones with education, information and support, free of charge, no matter where you live or receive treatment. Explore the many ways Life with Cancer can make your day-to-day life easier and help you connect with a community of people who face many of the same challenges you do.
Join other patients, survivors, family members and friends to discuss the challenges of living with breast cancer and its treatments. Specific topics change throughout each support group meeting.
Note: All in-person support groups are virtual until further notice.
- Breast cancer navigation class
- Breast cancer rehabilitation program (a six-week series)
- Breast cancer support group
- Breast cancer symposium
- Breast surgery pre-op class
- Coalesce Group (an advanced breast cancer support group)
- Weight management after breast cancer support group
- Women's survivorship group
- Young women with breast cancer group