About Marcelo Cardarelli, MD
Dr. Marcelo Cardarelli is a trained pediatric cardiac surgery physician. He joins Inova Medical Group with over 25 years of clinical experience. He has a special interest in management of critical congenital heart disease in newborns.
Most recently Dr. Cardarelli served as director of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at University of Maryland in Baltimore.
Dr. Cardarelli became interested in pediatric cardiac surgery because pediatrics, cardiology and surgery were his preferred specialties in medical school. His goal is to help his patients have as much of a productive life as possible.
A native of Argentina, Dr. Cardarelli currently resides in Fairfax. In his spare time he volunteers his surgical services to assist children in low and middle income countries. Dr. Cardarelli enjoys travel and equestrian activities.
- American Association of Thoracic Surgery, Member
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Member
- European Association of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Member
- World Society for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery, Member
- William Novick Global Cardiac Alliance, Co-Founder