About Melody Ivey, PA
Melody Ivey, MPA, PA-C is a board-certified specialty care physician assistant. She attended physician assistant school at Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, VA and has been practicing since 2014. She is licensed in both Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Prior to joining Inova, Melody was the physician assistant for the thoracic surgery division of The George Washington University Hospital in Washington, DC. Melody has also served as a clinical preceptor for physician assistant students at The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Her particular areas of clinical interest include the treatment of lung and esophageal cancer, mediastinal masses and pleural space diseases. Her goal with patients is to provide exceptional and compassionate care throughout the entire pathway of the patient’s experience both in and out of the operating room.
Her hobbies include traveling, cooking, yoga and Peloton.
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants
- Northern Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Virginia Medical Board license
- District of Columbia Medical Board license