Inova Neurosurgery provides surgical intervention for the full spectrum of neurosurgical conditions that impact the brain, spine, and nerves. We treat a wide array of ailments, from debilitating spine conditions, brain and spine tumors, brain and spine trauma, brain aneurysms and malformations, stroke, movement disorders, and epilepsy.
When patients turn to us, they find board-certified and board-eligible neurosurgeons, with specialized fellowship training, each of who are committed to providing comprehensive and compassionate care. Through teamwork, technology, research and community engagement, our neurosurgical practice delivers superior outcomes and experiences. Moreover, we are advancing the most innovative therapies in neurosurgery – from research and clinical trials to implementation at the bedside.
- Inova Neurosurgery is the largest neurosurgical group practice in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area.
- Our total clinical surgical volume of more than 3,000 cases is among the highest in the area.
- Each neurosurgeon is board-certified/board-eligible, many with advanced fellowship training in key specialties and/or dual degrees.
- Our neurosurgeons participate in clinical and laboratory research to advance lifesaving treatments for neurological conditions.
- All of our neurosurgeons routinely contribute to prestigious neurological journals, either through original research or serving as editor/reviewers.
- All Inova Neurosurgery neurosurgeons are part of the nationally accredited resident teaching program to educate the next generation of neurosurgeons.
Technologies and Surgical Firsts:
- Technologies include: intraoperative CT, interventional MRI, computer-aided navigation, robotic-assisted neurosurgery, MR-guided laser ablation, endoscopic neurosurgery, intraoperative ultrasound visualization and ablation, awake brain surgery, fluorescence-guided tumor visualization, Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS), and NeuroPace.
- First neurosurgical team in Northern Virginia to conduct MRI-guided brain surgery to implant DBS electrodes for Parkinson’s disease.
- First neurosurgical team in Northern Virginia to conduct MRI-guided brain surgery using laser ablation to eliminate an otherwise inaccessible brain tumor.
- Our multidisciplinary team includes physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and clinical navigators who work together to seamlessly deliver high-quality care.
- Each Inova hospital sponsors a support group for brain injury survivors.
- Brain Health and Wellness Programs for patients of Parkinson’s Disease, brain/spine trauma, and stroke.