How Can Inova EAP Help Make Your Company Successful
You want your employees to be at their best – engaged, high-performing, healthy and happy. Not only does Inova EAP provide services to help your employees thrive, but we make it easy for you to make these services available to them. Our orientation, ongoing program support and self-service resources are designed to make implementation of Inova EAP easy and stress free. Review the many employer features below or download our one-page information sheet.
All the Many Ways Inova Employee Assistance Benefits Your Company:
- Reduces insurance claims well above the industry average
- Provides your employees with direct and convenient access to our services
- Serves your employees both locally and globally
- Extensive program support for managing your investment
- Wellness services and programs designed to keep your employees engaged
Access & Convenience
Our network includes clinical providers in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Our global service centers support more than 60 million employees in more than 78,000 organizations in more than 200 countries and territories around the world through a variety of employee assistance, wellness, and work-life services.
Inova provides numerous ways for your employees to engage with our support services including:
- Phone/TDD – 24/7/365 by Masters Prepared Counselors (what does this mean? They have a Master's degree?)
- Live Chat – 24/7 LiveConnect instant messaging
- Email – online access to a work-life consultant
- Video Counseling – Via App and Desktop Computer
- Website – Comprehensive and customiziable EAP website
- Instant Mobile Access – iPhone, Android App
- Multi-Lingual – available in over 200 languages and Google Translate
Inova’s EAP website provides your employees self-service to numerous resources and information as well as real-time assistance via instant messaging. We license content from premier sources such as Nolo (a respected provider of legal information for consumers and small businesses) and Mayo Clinic.
Website features include:
- Available in 27 different languages
- Customizable layout and content options
- Instant Messaging for access to a work-life consultant
- Searchable databases and resource links for child care providers, elder care and related services, locating attorneys, certified financial planners, pet sitting, etc...
- 40 financial calculators
- Over 200 streaming files covering a range of health and emotional health topics
- More than 6,000 regularly updated articles
- News for You updated monthly, featuring the option to add custom tabs
- Optional access to TaxACT
- Search and Advanced Search features
- Homepage featuring new articles and resources each month
- eLearning Modules – a diverse library of online training programs offering printable certificates of completion
- Savings Center – a discount shopping program offering employees up to 25% discounts on name-brand goods and services
- Relocation Center – a collection of resources that allows users to learn about communities across the United States, providing vital statistics
- BenefitCONNECT – Counselor training on all related company-sponsored benefit programs- leveraging all resources to maximize employee support.
We can provide a variety of promotional materials, including brochures, posters, content for announcement communications, and a launch email. We can also offer a variety of events to promote the service, both at launch and during the life of the contract, including employee presentations, manager workshops, and lunchtime sessions.
Promotional items include:
- Orientation Video and PowerPoint Presentation
- Program Brochure with wallet card
- Program Posters
- Topical Flyers
- Webinar Announcements
- Healthy Pathways – a quarterly newsletters on specialized health and behavioral topics
- Life Lines – a quarterly publication with tips and advice for achieving a balanced lifestyle
- Frontline Supervisor – tips and advice for supervisors
- Disaster Relief – prompt delivery of emergency response information for major weather or terrorist events
Inova provides training for your supervisors to effectively leverage your EAP program. The following video will orient them and guide them on how to use it to improve employee productivity, address performance issues and effectively use your EAP resources to help your employees thrive.
The following video will orient your employees to your EAP program and help them achieve work/life balance, optimize job performance and effectively leverage their employee assistance resources.
After completion of this video you can download, complete and print out Certificate of Completion PDF document
Inova’s website has numerous on-line training and seminars covering health and wellness, stress and workplace compliance. The training modules and seminars can be accessed by employees regardless of their location or shift time they work. Skill Builders take between 15-20 minutes to complete. Each offers a visual presentation, brief online quizzes, and a printable certificate of completion. In addition, each is narrated and offers closed-captioning to provide greater access for people with visual impairments.
Inova also provides a series of monthly webinars, design ed to help employees with a variety of EAP and work-life related issues. Webinars include topics such as relationship building, communication, stress management, and healthy living. All webinars are delivered by affiliates who are specialists in their field, and attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and receive personalized responses.
Most corrupt, illegal, and immoral practices go undetected because employees fear the consequences of reporting them through internal channels. A confidential, secure hotline cannot replace your organization’s existing communication methods but it is one more channel through which you can learn about these sensitive issues.
Inova offers confidential whistle-blowing hotlines which benefit from the following straightforward process:
- Highly trained, compliant, tactful, and experienced call handlers handle all whistle-blowing calls.
- Whistle-blowing calls can be made anonymously and confidentially
- The call handler verbally summarizes the issues for every call for optimum accuracy.
- The call handler offers the whistle-blower a unique call number in case he or she wishes to phone back.
- The whistle-blower’s demeanor is noted.
- The call handler prepares a summary report, which management checks thoroughly to ensure high levels of accuracy.
- The call handler submits the whistle blowing report to authorized recipients within a specified timeframe (a unique password is required for verification).
Substance Abuse Professionals
All SAP professionals are certified through a nationally recognized certified organization. IEA substance abuse professionals (SAP) will evaluate and case manage employees who have tested positive under DOT/DOD regulations. We will:
- Assess the employee’s problem with alcohol or drugs.
- Recommend a course of education and/or treatment.
- Coordinate treatment referrals.
- Conduct a face to face follow-up evaluation prior to return to safety sensitive duty.
- Determine the appropriate follow-up testing schedule, monitor employees throughout the entire process.
Critical Incident Response
Providing onsite counselor support following a tragic event at the workplace.
Inova offers practical and emotional support to those affected by trauma, focusing our efforts on fostering natural resilience and coping. We take the initial approach of providing psychological first aid, in addition to assigning the most appropriate intervention under the circumstances. The ultimate objective of our post-incident service is to assist employers with decreasing the number of psychological casualties among employees and to facilitate a return to regular business functions as quickly as possible. Once the consultation is completed, the incident manager and client representative will establish a clinically appropriate intervention plan for the on-site event.
Wellness Seminars (Lunch and Learns)
Inova promotes the offer of practical and emotional support to those affected by trauma, focusing our efforts on fostering natural resilience an d coping. We take the initial approach of providing psychological first aid, in addition to assigning the most appropriate intervention under the circumstances. The ultimate objective of our post-incident service is to assist employers with decreasing the number of psychological casualties among employees and to facilitate a return to regular business functions as quickly as possible. Once the consultation is completed, the incident manager and client representative will establish a clinically appropriate intervention plan for the on-site event.
Inova's wellness program, Inova Well, offers a wide variety of classes, community events, screenings and support programs to keep you informed, healthy and prepared.