Cardiology Grand Rounds: The Inova Dudley Family Center Visiting Professor Series
- Usually held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month
- Target audience: Members of the medical staff (all sub-specialties, medical residents and students)
- Lecture from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- This is a CME Accredited Program
Detailed information will be posted here prior to each event.
Ana Barac, MD, PhD, FACC, FAHACardiovascular Toxicities of Cancer Therapeutics: Definitions, Diagnosis and Management
Tuesday, June 14, 2022
12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Recognize diversity of mechanisms underlying cardiovascular effects of cancer therapeutics
- Utilize advances in cardiac imaging to diagnose and monitor cardiovascular toxicities
- Apply professional society recommendations in management of cardiovascular toxicities during cancer treatment continuum
This is a CME Accredited Program.
Dr. Ana Barac is a Professor of Medicine at Georgetown University and the Director of the MedStar Heart and Vascular Institute's Cardio-Oncology Program. Her clinical and research interests focus on cardiovascular imaging and its application in investigations of cardiovascular complications of cancer therapies.
Dr. Barac was the founding Chair of the American College of Cardiology's (ACC) Cardio-Oncology Council and serves as the co-director of the ACC's annual live course on advancing cardiovascular care in oncology patients. She has chaired Heart House roundtables on cardiovascular disease and cancer treatment and has been a contributor to a number of multidisciplinary professional society guidelines and consensus documents addressing cardiovascular concerns in patients with cancer.
Dr. Barac was an Associate Editor of JACC: Cardio-Oncology and the Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research. She is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and of the American Heart Association and serves on the scientific program committees of major cardiovascular and imaging societies.