What to Expect
- The physicians screen every referral in advance; if additional critical studies are needed prior to the multidisciplinary consultation, they will be arranged by our team.
- All patients are discussed in a multidisciplinary tumor conference the morning prior to their visit with a review of all pertinent radiologic studies and biopsy results (if applicable).
- Patients are seen by the medical oncologist, surgical oncologist and radiation oncologist on the same day and in the same office setting.
- The recommendations are communicated to the referring physicians and further steps in care are facilitated by our patient care nurse navigator.
Inova's Life with Cancer® program helps you meet the challenges of living with cancer by providing you and your loved ones with education, information and support, free of charge, no matter where you live or receive treatment. Explore the many ways that Life with Cancer can make your day-to-day life easier and help you connect with a community of people who face many of the same challenges you do.
Learn more about Life with Cancer:
Join other patients, survivors, family members and friends to discuss the challenges of living with lung cancer and its treatments. Specific topics change throughout each support group meeting.
Note: All in-person support groups are virtual until further notice.
Colorectal Support Group
- Meets the second Thursday of each month
- 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Please call Life with Cancer at 703-206-5433 or register online at www.lifewithcancer.org.
This support group is for any patient living with metastatic colorectal cancer and/or their family caregivers. Join us as we explore how to live well with an advanced cancer diagnosis and cope with associated challenges. Registration is required.
Inova Loudoun Hospital - Colorectal Surgery
If you are scheduled for Colorectal Surgery at Inova Loudoun Hospital, this educational class will help you prepare for surgery. You will receive an overview of what to expect from an oncology nurse navigator, an Ostomy Nurse, & a registered Dietician. Family members may attend without registration.
Instructor: Mary Kay Mecca RN, BSN, OCN Registration is required; no exceptions. If you have questions please call Mary Kay at 703-858-6615.
Inova’s Cancer Genetics Program serves individuals who are concerned about their personal and/or family history of cancer.
Our board-certified genetic counselors are experts in cancer risk assessment who help patients navigate through complex medical information and the practical and ethical implications of genetic testing. Patients and families with many different types of cancer, including breast, ovarian and colon cancer, can benefit from genetic counseling