- Lung cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma
- Mediastinal diseases, tumors and masses
- Neuroendocrine lung cancer
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Mediastinal tumors
- Chest wall tumors
- Small cell lung cancer
- Thymoma and thymic cancer
- Pleural disease
- Robotic bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial ultrasound
- Cone-beam computed tomography
- Minimally invasive, robotic assisted surgery
- Radiation Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Clinical Research Trials
Genomic Cancerous Tumor Assessment
The Inova Schar Cancer Institute participates in a genomic cancerous tumor assessment. A member of your care team will collect samples from tumor tissues which are analyzed under the microscope by a pathologist.
We systematically perform genetic testing on tumor samples to identify any changes in genes (mutations) than can be targeted with medication.
The Inova Molecular Tumor Board is a multidisciplinary team is composed of a Molecular Pathologist, Geneticist, and Medical Oncologists. The Board meets twice weekly to discuss genetic information obtained from tumor tissues to identify the best possible treatment.