Smoking Cessation Program
Inova's Smoking Cessation Program includes one individual session and 8 group sessions designed to help people struggling with addiction to smoking. Smokers who participate in cessation programs are more likely to successfully quit smoking than those who attempt quitting on their own.
Survivorship and Support
Inova's Life with Cancer® program helps you meet the challenges of living with cancer by providing you and your loved ones with education, information and support, free of charge, no matter where you live or receive treatment. Explore the many ways that Life with Cancer can make your day-to-day life easier and help you connect with a community of people who face many of the same challenges you do.
Join other patients, survivors, family members and friends to discuss the challenges of living with lung cancer and its treatments. Specific topics change throughout each support group meeting.
Lung Cancer Support Group
Meet others facing similar issues. An experienced oncology therapist and oncology nurse navigator facilitate this group. Caregivers are also welcome to attend. The group discusses topics like these:
- Available treatments, including surgery and various radiation therapies
- The treatment experience of other group members
- Clinical trials and role of genetics
- Ideas for stress management and strategies to manage irritable, anxious, or depressed mood or fears of recurrence
- Ideas for communicating with family members, relationship challenges, and how to return to work or school
- How to manage side effects, including fatigue; headaches; nausea and vomiting; changes in speech, vision or hearing; problems with memory and gait; seizures; and numbness