A Team Effort
The Lung Cancer and Thoracic Malignancies Program provides patient-centered care from our team of specialists in esophageal and lung cancer.
Our experts provide:
- A complete team of lung cancer experts within one system, including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, thoracic surgeons, interventional pulmonologist and nurse navigator
- Lung cancer screening and smoking cessation program
- Unique techniques including navigational bronchoscopy, EBUS, and rapid recovery with post-operative ambulation for thoracic surgery
- Nationally and internationally recognized lung cancer experts
- Cutting-edge clinical trials
- Seamless coordination of care provided by our dedicated Thoracic Oncology Nurse Navigator
- Access to our Solitary Pulmonary Nodule Clinic
One of the special features of the Lung Cancer and Thoracic Malignancies program is the role of our Nurse Navigator, Carrie Friedman. Carrie is a registered oncology nurse who expedites patient visits and diagnostic studies. She ensures a timely and accurate exchange on information among the referring physician and the lung cancer team members throughout a patient’s diagnosis, treatment and recovery.