Over their three years at the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, our residents manage a spectrum of acute and chronic illnesses and are exposed to advanced cardiac and pulmonary disease, including transplant medicine. They are guided through their residency by a dedicated, expert, and pleasant faculty of attending hospitalists, primary care providers, and subspecialists. Inova’s large and complementary ancillary staff is truly supportive, augmenting the resident experience by allowing them to focus on acute patient care. These factors result in a superb high-value educational environment in which an internal medicine physician-in-training can thrive.
We look forward to meeting you and good luck on the interview trail!
— Dr. Tejasri Chandrabhatla and Dr. Robert Patton, Chief Medical Residents
The Internal Medicine Residency Program at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus accepts 11 categorical interns annually. All qualified applicants are considered for interviews. However, due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to offer an interview to all qualified candidates.
Candidates must submit all required information through ERAS only. Paper or e-mailed applications are NOT accepted. Candidates for our residency program are selected in conjunction with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Complete Applications Contain All of the Documents Listed Below in ERAS
- Personal Statement
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from U.S. or Canadian physicians. International Medical Graduates (IMGs) must have letters of recommendation which clearly document U.S. or Canadian clinical experience.
- Dean's letter (MSPE) or equivalent
- Medical school transcripts
- Results of standardized tests: USMLE and ECFMG certificate where applicable.
- Osteopathic applicants: COMLEX scores
- H-1B visas are sponsored by Inova
- J-1 visas are sponsored through ECFMG
NRMP Program Code: 3199140C0 (all numerals except for the letter C)
ERAS ACGME ID: 1405100435