Care. Connect. Innovate.
The Inova Center for Personalized Health (ICPH) represents a once-in-a-generation opportunity to create a destination for health innovation and discovery that will improve the quality of life for all residents, as well as attract new economic development. Learn how Inova is laying the foundation for a world-class clinical, academic and research campus.
Caring for the Community
Expanding the Promise of Personalized Care
As Northern Virginia and Washington, DC’s leading not-for-profit healthcare provider, Inova provides quality care while improving the health of the diverse communities we serve.
To further this mission, ICPH will join our comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient services and facilities, primary and specialty care practices, and health and wellness initiatives, in leading the future of health. ICPH will enable Inova to better serve our community, offering breakthrough genomic research, integrative and personalized care, educational programs and cutting-edge technology.
Building Inova Center for Personalized Health
- John E. Niederhuber, MD, joined Inova as executive vice president and CEO of Inova Translational Medicine Institute (ITMI)
- ITMI Launched and first study initiated on premature birth
- Inova Lab for Genomic Medicine launched and first clinical pharmacogenomics (PGx) test
- Dr. Donald Trump named CEO of the Inova Schar Cancer Institute
- $50 million gift given for Inova Schar Cancer Institute
- Inova took possession of ICPH campus
- George Mason University (GMU) research partnership announced
- Formation of Inova Molecular Tumor Board
- Commonwealth of Virginia provides funding for Global Genomics and Bioinformatics Research Institute
- NIH ECHO Grant Award of $9.5 million
- University of Virginia (UVA) Education and Research Partnership announced
- Inova Strategic Investments launched
- Established the Inova Center for Drug Discovery and the recruited Milton Brown, MD, PhD
- Began construction of the Inova Schar Cancer Institute
- Inova leaders to spearhead APOLLO, the federal Moonshot for Cancer’s Applied Proteogenomics Organizational Learning and Outcomes program
- Inova Personalized Health Accelerator launched
- Inova submitted site specific plan amendment to Fairfax County to amend the comprehensive plan
- Began construction of theProton Therapy Center
- Established the Office of Research
- Record-breaking fundraiser event for ISCI generated $26 million
- John Deeken, MD, named acting CEO at the Inova Schar Cancer Institute
- Arrival of the cyclotron for the Proton Therapy Center
- Inova Schar Cancer Institute opening in the spring of 2019
- Begin construction of the Global Genomics and Bioinformatics Research Institute
- Opening of the new Inova Sports Medicine facility
- Opening of the Inova Joan and Russell Hitt Center for Healthy Living