Comprehensive, Compassionate Emergency Care With Your Child's Needs in Mind
At Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, we have a commitment to your child. That is why we offer kid-friendly emergency care to serve children and accommodate their special needs.
Our community-based and experienced pediatric staff is specially trained to understand the unique challenges of caring for children. We are fully equipped with the latest technology including medical equipment designed specifically for the safe care of children.
- Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Experienced, caring emergency physicians trained and skilled in pediatric care
- Emergency nurses certified in pediatric advanced life support
- First ER in the region to utilize nitrous oxide to minimize discomfort during minor procedures
- Access to Inova Children’s Hospital network of specialty physicians in person, by phone or via video
- State-of-the-art medical equipment sized to fit babies to adults
- Standby helicopter and ground transport to Inova Children’s Hospital if a higher level of care is required
- A home-like and family-centered atmosphere featuring iPads, family videos, games, books and toys
- Child Life Program
- Inova Child Life specialists dedicate themselves to easing the anxiety and stress affecting children during a hospital stay or outpatient procedure. Our Child Life experts are available at Inova Children's Hospital, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Inova Loudoun Hospital. Because your child is unique, our Child Life specialists tune in to your family, culture and stage of development.