Breastfeeding is one of the most important decisions you will make for yourself and your baby. The International Board Certified Lactation Consultants® (IBCLC®) at Inova Women's Hospital are here to help you succeed and make breastfeeding a satisfying experience.
Breastfeeding Your Newborn
Prenatal Breastfeeding Services
- InovaWell Prenatal Classes
- Breastfeeding Medicine Specialist available to do prenatal consults for mothers with medical problems that could cause breastfeeding difficulty (previous breast surgery, questions about medications and breastfeeding, difficulty with breastfeeding a previous child, expecting an infant with cleft lip or palate)
Outpatient Breastfeeding Services
- Breastfeeding and Lactation Medicine Service is available at Inova Children's – Willow Oaks located at 8280 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Suite 300, Fairfax, VA 22031.
- Lactation Consultation with certified IBCLC® Registered Nurse staff available by appointment in the Women’s Boutique. A service fee applies. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 703-776-6455.
- Infant weight check
- Breast evaluation
- Latch evaluation
- Lactation success planning
- Virtual Breastfeeding Support Group – meets every Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. Register to join here.
- Lactation Phone Support – Please leave a detailed message on our Lactation Warm Line by calling 703-776-4402.
- Hospital Grade Breast Pump Rentals in the Women’s Boutique
- Nursing Bra Fittings in the Women's Boutique