Inova Laboratories is proud to offer our clients the latest in technology and phlemotomy standards in the areas of microbiology testing and anatomic pathology.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year Microbiology Testing
Inova Laboratories provides microbiology testing to Inova’s entire health system. We also provide microbiology services to both the City of Alexandria Health Department and Fairfax County Health Department.We provide extensive microorganism detection, identification, and antibiotic susceptibility testing services to the Northern Virginia region.
Unmatched Expertise & Support
- ABMM Board Certified Microbiology Director with a PhD in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
- Laboratory Manager with over 20 years microbiology work experience
- Forty dedicated microbiology testing staff members
Quality, Value and Convenience
- State-of-the-art laboratory testing and reporting
- Full in house service for culture, identification, and antibiotic susceptibility testing for a wide range of clinical specimens
- Ability to design culture protocols to fit the needs of specific patient populations
- Order entry via electronic medical record (EpicCare)
- 24/7/365 microbiology staffing for immediate responses to ordering/submission/testing questions
Inova Laboratories is a leading provider of anatomic pathology with subspecialty expertise in dermatopathology, gastrointestinal pathology, hematopathology, and uropathology. Our anatomic pathology services are available to our clients with a 24 hour a day, 6 day a week operation, and 24 hour turnaround time for routine histology.
- 132 IHC stains
- Breast Prognostic Markers ER/PR and Her2neu
- Keratin markers for diagnosing carcinomas, including AE1/AE3, CK5/6, CK7, and CK20
- Markers for diagnosing melanocytic lesions, including S-100, Melan-A, and HMB45
Digital pathology is a dynamic, image-based environment that enables the acquisition, management and interpretation of pathology information generated from a digitized glass slide. This technology reduces laboratory costs, improves operational efficiency, enhances productivity, improves treatment decisions, and patient care.
This service has supported a number of research and clinical applications such as immunohistochemistry quantification in breast cancer predictive markers; consultations enabling surgeons and pathologists to perform real-time intra-operative consultations, interpretation and diagnosis.