Reality Check was developed by Inova Trauma Center-Fairfax and runs in collaboration with Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department and local driver education programs. The three-hour program is designed for newly licensed teenage drivers, those who will soon become licensed to drive, and their parents or guardians.
The program is broken out into two programs that run concurrently:
- Trauma bay & ER tour
- Mock trauma resuscitation
- EMS unit ambulance tour, Q & A Session with Fire & Rescue personnel
- Crash survivors presentations
- Interactive driving simulator demonstrating effects of impaired and drowsy driving
- How to be an effective role model to teen drivers
- How to coach and teach teen drivers
- How to talk to teens about decision making, alcohol, and other difficult subjects
- How to implement a parent-teen driving safety contract
For dates and details about upcoming Reality Check programs, contact Linda Watkins, Injury Prevention Coordinator at Inova Trauma Center – Fairfax, at 703-776-3259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.