Inova COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
Inova looks forward to welcoming you to our vaccine clinic. Below are important details about eligibility and who can be vaccinated at Inova right now.
Please be advised that expansion of eligibility does not increase the number of doses we have available. Inova is working diligently to access more vaccine, however supply is limited by manufacturing and federal/state distribution policies. As our supply changes, the number of appointments available at any given time is a reflection of our current supply. We will open up more appointments as we receive additional doses.
Updates about our supply and eligibility will be made on this page; please check back frequently.
To manage vaccine supply and volume, Inova is currently taking appointments for the following groups:
- Healthcare workers covered in phase 1a of Virginia's COVID-19 Vaccination Plan
- Select 1b groups in sequential order according to state health department guidelines
- Patients Age 75 Years and Older
- Law Enforcement/Corrections
- Fire and Hazmat
- Public and private schools within Fairfax County
Updates will be made to this site as we are able to accommodate additional groups. We are working in partnership with local health districts to coordinate scheduling and vaccination sites for these phase 1b groups.
JANUARY 14 - UPDATE TO COVID-19 ELIGIBILITY
Governor Ralph Northam announced that individuals age 16 through 64 years with a high risk medical condition or disability that increases their risk of severe illness from COVID-19 are eligible to receive the vaccine as part of the 1b priority group. Inova is not presently set up to accommodate this patient group. We are working to identify new, convenient spaces in order to expand our vaccination capacity. We encourage you to check back here for updates.
Patients Age 75 Years and Older
Inova Primary Care Clinics have begun to schedule and administer vaccinations to established patients age 75 years and older. We request that you wait to hear from your primary care provider’s office for additional information and scheduling instructions. Following this process will allow us to schedule eligible patients as quickly as possible.
If you are not an existing Inova Primary Care patient, contact your primary care provider for information about distribution, your local health department for instructions on where you can go to get a vaccine, or we welcome you to set up an initial wellness visit with one of our primary care providers.
Frontline Essential Worker Groups
Local health districts will reach out to engage the Frontline Essential Worker groups as they become eligible. The following groups are eligible to receive a vaccine through the Inova Vaccine Clinic:
- Police, Fire, and Hazmat – Please reference scheduling instructions available through your local health district.
- Corrections and homeless shelter workers – Please reference scheduling instructions available through your local health district.
- Public and private schools within Fairfax County and Prince William County – Scheduling instructions are available through your employer and/or county.
What you need to know right now:
- Do not schedule an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine with Inova unless you have been instructed to do so by your local health district, public safety jurisdiction, or school district.
- Appointments are required.
- Before coming in for your vaccination appointment at Inova, please print, fill out and bring the COVID-19 Vaccine Consent Form with you to speed up the process when you arrive.
- If someone schedules an appointment for a vaccine, but does not meet specific eligibility requirements, they may be turned away based on the Commonwealth’s guidance and not be able to receive a COVID-19 vaccine at that time.
- Proof of eligibility will be required upon arrival in order to receive your vaccination. The list of acceptable proof is provided upon registration so you may properly prepare for your appointment.
- Inova is currently offering the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in its COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics and offering the Moderna vaccine at its primary care locations for established patients who are 75+ years old.
- Inova has administered over 55,000 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine since mid-December and our team members are eager to welcome new populations to our clinics.
At this time we are not YET vaccinating the following 1b groups:
Check back here frequently for more updates as we expand operations to accommodate additional groups.
- Food and Agriculture (including Veterinarians)
- Grocery store workers
- Public transit workers
- Mail carriers (USPS and private)
- Officials needed to maintain continuity of government
- Individuals 65-74 years old and individuals age 16 through 64 years with a high risk medical condition or disability that increases their risk of severe illness from COVID-19