All Care Site Locations
Regardless of care site location, all visitors must adhere to the following:
- Exhibit no COVID-19 symptoms.
- Be age 16 or over.
- In keeping with the CDC’s current guidance, regardless of vaccination status, everyone in a healthcare facility must wear a mask covering their mouth and nose the entire time they are in the facility and maintain a physical distance of six feet from others. Visitors who fail to wear a mask properly will be asked to leave.
- Patients, visitors, companions and Designated Support Person (DSP) must wear a surgical/medical-grade face mask at all times. Surgical face masks will be provided if needed. Cloth, vented or gaiter-style masks cannot be worn in an Inova care site.
- No visitors are allowed for patients with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, except in end-of-life situations.*
- As maintaining social distancing is necessary for everyone’s safety, we may need to ask persons accompanying our patients to wait in their vehicles.
- Virtual visits are available for adult and adolescent patients at the patient's request.
*For end-of-life patients, two visitors are permitted at the bedside at the same time without time restriction.
Visitation hours: 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. daily
- Patients may have two visitors at a time (ages 16+) during visitation hours.
- Exceptions can be made for end-of-life situations* and visits from the clergy.
- Pediatric patients may have two parents/guardians or substitute caregivers at bedside 24/7.
- When a patient is being discharged from the hospital outside of visiting hours, their designated driver/support person is allowed hospital access to pick them up to receive discharge instructions and medication training.
- All visitors to an Inova facility will be required to wear a surgical/medical grade mask at all times. Surgical masks will be provided if needed.
Emergency Room (ER)
- Patients 16+ may have one unique visitor per ER visit, in addition to a Designated Support Person (DSP), if applicable.
- For pediatric patients, only two parents/guardians or substitute caregivers may visit.
Outpatient and Ambulatory Sites
One accompanying companion (age 16+).
Inova Loudoun Nursing Rehabilitation Center (ILNRC):
Behavioral Health Inpatient
Visitation guidelines for Inova Behavioral Health inpatients will be provided upon admission.
At this time, no siblings under age 16 are allowed in the Women's areas.
Labor and Delivery Visitation
- One companion (age 16+) and one professional doula are allowed 24/7 during the labor and delivery experience.
Postpartum and High Risk Perinatal (HRP) Visitation
- One companion continues to be allowed 24/7.
Antenatal Testing Center (ATC) Visitation
- One companion (age 16+) is allowed in the exam area with the patient.