lnova, Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider, is committed to safeguarding and maintaining the privacy of your personal information. In order for lnova Health Foundation to provide our services, it is necessary for us to collect and use (process) personal information of our website visitors. This Privacy Statement describes our practices with regards to the collection and processing of personal information through Inova’s websites.
For purposes of clarity, "processing" as used in this notice includes the collection, use, storage, transmission, disclosure, and destruction of personal information. This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected by the lnova Health Foundation and its third party service providers (collectively, lnova, lnova Health Foundation, lnova Health System, us, or ours), including but not limited to websites and applications that post a link to this Privacy Statement.
By continuing to use and interact with lnova Health Foundation websites and by providing Inova Health Foundation your personal information, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Information Provided by You
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, phone number, email address, etc., which may be used when contacting you as requested.
- For financial donor services, credit card or bank information is collected and only used for donation purposes.
Rest assured, this site shall only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of surveys, completed donation and contact us forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it is intended, and any additional uses specifically provide on this site.
Information Collected by Technology
When you use lnova.org, the website automatically collects information about the devices you use to visit our website, including computers, tablets, and mobile phones. We automatically collect your device identifier, web browser, IP address, and browsing information collected through cookies and other web technologies. lnova.org also automatically collects information about how you use the websites, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the websites. The information automatically collected will be associated with any personal information you have provided. When visiting lnova.org, information gathered during the visits may include:
- Cookies, third party tracking technologies, and server logs
It is highly recommended that you review the privacy policies and statements of any website you choose to use or frequent as a means to better understand the way in which other websites gather, make use of and share information collected.
lnova.org processes personal information to achieve the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
Cookies and Other Technologies
We collect information automatically through various means such as "cookies", and "web beacons.".
Cookies. lnova.org make use of "cookies", which are small text files placed on your device to keep track of information about your browsing on a website. The utilization of cookies allows us to enhance your experience by allowing lnova.org to save your preferences. Your decision to set your web browser to accept or disable cookies is a personal choice. However, without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of features and functionality of our websites.
Web Beacons. lnova.org makes uses web beacons to collect data from individuals who interact with our websites. These technologies, which are often small, transparent images, when loaded collect information about the requestor. This could include your IP address, and the date and time a website was accessed. Web beacons work in conjunction with cookies so if cookies are disabled, we are unable to collect unique information about you.
lnova.org may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of possible services that may be available to you from www.inova.org. lnova.org may also be in contact with you in regard to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered. lnova Health Foundation's third-party service providers are not authorized to disclose information except as necessary to perform the services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements . In certain instances, in order to provide services and to support lnova.org's activities, or as required by law, we may share your information with other lnova Health Foundation departments, other than the department with which you originally shared your information. In all of these instances, the information provided to the third-party or an Inova Health Foundation department will be limited to the extent necessary to provide the user-requested information and/or services, or as required by applicable law enforcement agencies.
lnova.org does not now, nor will in the future sell, rent, or lease any of the information obtained. lnova.org may disclose personal information, without prior notice to you, only if required to do so is in accordance with applicable laws and/or in good faith belief that such action is deemed necessary or is required in an effort to:
- Remain in conformance with any decrees, laws and/or statutes or in a n effort to comply with any process which may be served upon lnova Health Foundation and/or our website;
- Maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all rights and/or property of lnova Health Foundation; and
- Perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of www.inova.org and or the general public.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Do Not Track
Information Security Practice
lnova Health Foundation shall endeavor and shall take every precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices and the information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user's personal information under our control.
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
lnova Health Foundation does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.