The thought of visiting an ER during this uncertain time might be a little scary. However, delaying the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a potential emergency condition can put you at risk of worse clinical outcomes.
Rest assured, Inova Mount Hospital has implemented additional procedures to protect the safety of our patients, team members and community.
Here are a few of the safety measures and temporary modifications we've made in our ERs:
- Inova Emergency Rooms at Mount Vernon Hospital and Lorton HealthPlex continue to offer our full scope of emergency services, including pediatric emergency services.
- On arrival, all patients and visitors are screened for respiratory symptoms and provided masks immediately. They are then escorted to a private, closed-door room.
- All team members wear masks for every patient interaction and also participate in twice daily symptom and temperature checks.
- Rooms are meticulously cleaned between patient consultations. Our patients have indicated they feel safe and reassured in our care environment.
- Patients who do need to be admitted to Inova Mount Vernon Hospital will be transported directly to their room from Lorton or to the pre-operative area if surgical intervention is required.