Virtual Breastfeeding Support Group
Meets every Wednesday at 12:30 p.m.
Breastfeeding Your Newborn
- Breastfeeding is one of the most important decisions you will make for yourself and your baby. The International Board Certified Lactation Consultants© (IBCLCs) at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital are here to help you succeed and make breastfeeding a satisfying experience sensitive to families' different cultural needs
- Eager to "meet the mother where she is" during the breastfeeding experience
- Available to help the mother plan for how to continue breastfeeding if she returns to the workplace
- All services are by appointment. The breastfeeding center and lactation boutique is open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and closed on Sunday.
- Patients with complex breastfeeding and lactation issues will be referred to Inova Breastfeeding and Lactation Medicine
Prenatal Breastfeeding Services
- InovaWell Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes
- Prenatal consults with a breastfeeding medicine specialist for mothers with medical problems that could cause breastfeeding difficulty