Applications will be accepted through PhORCAS, the online pharmacy residency application system.
Deadline and Requirements
Applicants for the PGY2 Critical Care Residency program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency program
- Eligibility for Virginia licensure
Interested candidates should submit the following information through PhORCAS by January 2, 2023:
- Letter of intent describing personal and professional goals as they relate to PGY2 training
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript from an accredited school of pharmacy
- Three letters of recommendation – Suggested references include PGY1 residency director, rotation preceptor(s), and/or project preceptor(s). Letters of recommendation must include the standard reference template in PhORCAS. Additionally, we prefer individualized comments/narrative in the "program specific comment" field of the template.
Selected applicants will be invited to complete an on-site interview with our program in early to mid-February.
Candidates for our residency program are selected in conjunction with the ASHP Resident Matching Program (the "Match"). Our NMS code is 619352.
For additional information, call or email:
Mary Looby, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP
Critical Care Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, CVICU
PGY2 Critical Care Residency Program Director
IHVI Pharmacotherapy Clinic Co-Director
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
Department of Pharmacy
3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042