Location, Hours and How to Contact
- The Inova Fair Oaks Hospital Lobby desk will call Patient Relations for in-person visitors.
- The Patient Relations Department is staffed Monday-Friday, from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The department phone number is 703-391-3607 or 703-391-3885. For after hours and holidays you may leave a detailed description of the issue on our voice mail. A Patient Relations Representative will respond to your voice mail message on the next business day.
- You may e-mail us at IFOHPatientRelations@inova.org. A Patient Relations Representative will respond to your e-mail on the next business day.
- During evenings and holidays, when the Patient Relations Department is closed, please have the page operator page the Administrative Supervisor for assistance.
When to Contact Patient Relations
The Patient Relations Department welcomes the opportunity to assist in an effort to meet the expectations of our patients, family members and visitors and can assist with the following:
- When a patient, family member or visitor wants to make a formal complaint with regard to their care and/or service
- To help facilitate communication between physicians, nurses and other staff members and a patient, family member or visitor who has concerns that cannot be resolved by staff present
- To help interpret a hospital policy for a patient, family member or visitor or when a special or unusual situation arises for which there is no specific existing policy or responsible department
- When a patient, family member or visitor requires a notary public
- When a patient, family member or visitor expresses an interest in learning more about advance medical directives
- Assist in clarifying a Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities
Inova wants you to be aware of your rights, and responsibilities, as a patient. We believe your patient rights are important, and we will do everything possible to make sure that your rights are respected.
Download our Patient Rights and Responsibilities Information
Comments or Concerns
If you have concerns or complaints about any part of your care at Inova, please feel free to speak with any manager or team member on your unit. You may also contact the Patient Representative at 703-391-3885.