The Auxiliary of Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is the largest corps of volunteers serving the hospital. First organized in 1956, while the hospital was still in the planning stages, interested citizens worked together to raise funds to help make the hospital a reality.
Annual Auxiliary Scholarships
As part of our commitment to support quality healthcare for our community, the Auxiliary scholarship program is designed for eligible persons to encourage and assist their pursuit of healthcare careers.
For additional information on other scholarships offered to Inova Fairfax Medical Campus high school and college student volunteers, please contact email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Read the Eligibility Requirements
1. Applicants must be graduating seniors at a public or private high school located in Fairfax County or Fairfax County residents who are home-schooled. Note: High school seniors who have volunteered at Inova Fairfax Hospital in any session since May 1, 2019, are eligible regardless of their residence or school location.
2. Applicants must have been accepted to a full-time undergraduate course of study in a healthcare-related field at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational/technical school. A letter of acceptance is required with the application.
3. Applicants must have an accredited grade-point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Step 2: Prepare Your Required Supporting Documentation
- High School transcript: An unofficial transcript is acceptable, provided it includes a stamp from the high school. Note: Due to COVID-19, an unofficial school transcript without the stamp is acceptable.
- Recommendations: At least two written recommendations from individuals who are not related to the applicant. Unless the applicant is homeschooled, one of the recommendations must be from a representative (such as a teacher or counselor) of the school where the applicant is currently enrolled.
- Statement of interest in a healthcare career: Provide a written statement of no more than 200 words describing the applicant’s interest in a healthcare field and an explanation of how the applicant plans to prepare for this career.
- Extracurricular activities: Provide a list or description of the applicant’s extracurricular activities, including volunteer service.
- Letter of acceptance: Provide a letter of acceptance from an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational/technical school.