A limited number of professional development awards will be granted each month for Inova nurses to support conference attendance and certification renewal not otherwise covered by your employee tuition benefit. Funds for this program will be awarded as reimbursement for some or all of your expenses for the conference or seminar you are attending or to reimburse the re-certification application fee for nurse specialty certifications (i.e. RNC, CCRN, etc.) . Amounts are determined at the discretion of Nursing Administration based on current organizational needs and priorities.
To be eligible you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a current budgeted/benefit-eligible Inova nurse.
- The conference, course or certification must be relevant to nursing and appropriate practice area.
- Your application must be signed by your clinical director.
- The conference must offer a minimum of 6 nursing contact hours.
- The conference may not be a certification review course.
- Awards are given for certification renewal only. Initial certifications are not covered by Foundation funds but may fall under tuition reimbursement.
- Awards will not cover late fees, professional organization membership fees, or lapsed renewal charges
Please complete the Professional Development Award Application
Turn this application in to your Nursing Administration office. Nursing Leadership will review applications every month and notify you if you have been selected for funding and what your next step will be.
If you have any questions about how donated funds for nursing education are raised, please watch the video on Healthstream by searching for "philanthropy." To ask how you can get involved, please contact the Inova Health Foundation (contact names by facility are listed on the application form).
If you have any questions about the Professional Development Awards Program, please contact your hospital or operating unit's nursing administration office.