The resident must be able to obtain pharmacist licensure with the Commonwealth of Virginia Board of Pharmacy by July 1 of the incoming residency year.
Deadlines and Requirements
Applications are accepted through PHORCAS: https://portal.phorcas.org
All requirements must be completed by the application deadline of January 4, 2021. Additional application components include:
- A formal letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from an accredited school of pharmacy
Qualified applicants will be selected and invited for an interview in January and throughout February. After the interviews, applicants will be ranked and rankings will be submitted to the ASHP resident matching program.
ASHP Program Code: 38043
NMS Program Code: 614765
Salary and Benefits
- Large and diverse practice environment
- Teaching opportunities at Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy
- Professional meetings reimbursement
- Estimated stipend: $54,400
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Accrual of paid time off (PTO)
- Hospital employee garage parking (free)
About Our Program
The Inova PGY2 ambulatory care residency program was started in 2018 as a partnership with Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy.