Patient Information and Resources
We understand that dealing with life-threatening lung disease is very challenging. Patients who are better informed tend to deal with post-transplant demands more successfully. Knowledge is empowering and demystifying for both patients and their caregivers.
Education Group for Heart and Lung Transplantation
Learn more from Inova experts about receiving a heart or lung transplant.
- Monthly, 1st Tuesday
- 1 to 2 p.m.
- Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, First Floor, Conference Room 1A
- Call 703-776-3203 for more information
Inova Transplant Group
A support group primarily for kidney/pancreas transplant patients, but open to anyone interested in organ transplant.
- Monthly, 2nd Thursday
- 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. (light dinner usually served)
- IHVI Conference Room on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- For a reservation or more information contact Leslie at 703-208-6605 or email@example.com
- International Society for Heart and Lung Transplant
- New Lungs
- Second Wind Lung Transplant Association, Inc.
- Transplant Buddies: an interactive Web site for all organ transplant families, professionals, etc.
- Transplant Recipients International Organization
- United Network for Organ Sharing
- Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR)
- WRTC – Washington Regional Transplant Community