The Inova Molecular Tumor Board at the Inova Schar Cancer Institute includes highly specialized oncologists and other physician specialists, researchers and genetic counselors.
Timothy L. Cannon, MDSheridan Director, Molecular Tumor Board and Co-Director of the Gastrointestinal Cancer Program
Dr. Cannon is the clinical director and moderator of the weekly molecular tumor board at Inova, which matches patients with targeted therapies based on molecular diagnostics. He is very interested in national cooperative group clinical trials and is a member of the NRG colorectal and non-colorectal clinical trials committee. He is the site principal investigator for multiple clinical trials in immunotherapy.
Amin Benyounes, MDDeputy Director, Molecular Tumor Board and lead medical oncologist for Inova’s thoracic oncology program
Dr. Amin Benyounes is a board-certified medical oncologist at Inova Health System who specializes in cancers of the chest (thoracic) and soft tissues (sarcoma). His main areas of expertise are lung cancers and sarcomas. Dr. Benyounes is currently the lead medical oncologist for Inova's thoracic oncology program and Inova’s sarcoma oncology program. He is also the deputy director of the molecular tumor board at Inova Schar Cancer Institute.
Additional Board Members
- Jeanny B. Aragon-Ching, MD (Medical Oncologist)
- Tara Berman, MD (Medical Oncologist)
- Adam L. Cohen, MD (Medical Oncologist)
- Thomas P. Conrads, PhD (Molecular Profiling Expert)
- Tiffani A. DeMarco, MS, CGC (Genetic Counselor)
- William Ershler, MD (Medical Oncologist)
- Kathleen Harnden, MD (Medical Oncologist)
- Allison Hunt, PhD (Research Scientist)
- Sekwon Jang, MD (Medical Oncologist)
- Michael Maitland, MD, PhD (Medical Oncologist)
- Mahesh Mansukhani, MD (Molecular Pathologist)
- Kara Nyberg, PhD (Molecular Curator)
- Emanuel "Chip" Petricoin, PhD (Molecular Profiling Expert)
Support to the Board
- Jamie Randall, Research Manager, Inova Molecular Tumor Board